Monday, July 19, 2010

FRANCHISE 2010 was a Success!

16th of July 2010 marks the opening of FRANCHISE EXPO 2010, where people from different walks of life meet in one venue with one common thing in mind – Business Opportunity. International experts in franchising flew in to teach current franchisors, franchisees and wanna be franchisees and franchisors everything they need to know about the business. Although I wasn’t able to attend the conference and seminar, I managed to make time to drop by the SMX Conventions Center for the EXPO proper.

Just like last year, I saw familiar faces, from franchisors to wanna be franchisees, from franchising experts to the models. Owners of franchises still work hard to sell their concept to their prospects. They’re very passionate about their business and I could feel it with the way the talk. Visitors of the expo on the other hand have different agendas. Most of the people came there just to get brochures, have free tastes, observe the event, build network, socialize, have photo op with the models, etc. Only few serious wanna be franchisees were there.

Since I have been visiting FRANCHISE EXPO since 2008, I knew I’d know someone is an international franchising expert guest if I saw one and I did. They were having a great chat with current franchisors in the expo. And as usual, they were teaching business owners how to tweak their systems to make it more profitable.

Start-up franchises like yakisoba cart, twisted fried potatoes, tap-si-log cart were the newest in the franchising business. Other than those were the same old franchises I saw from last year. Pizza, Panini, dimsums, fried noodles, burgers, hotdogs, inasal, salons, drug stores, internet shops, computer retailing, and petrol were present as usual.

And how could I forget about the models. They were the same models as last year’s event - same faces and same sexy bodies. They still play a role of enticing visitors to know what their respective franchises offer. Last year I got to take photos with them, but this time I just wasn’t for I was there only to observe.

At first I was kind of bored seeing those same franchises back, but when I left the expo, I knew they came back because they were highly successful in franchising their businesses. Instead of getting uninterested, I suddenly admired them again. And as expected, franchising giants were there together with sponsors like PLDT, BDO, Caltex to name a few.

These past few years, I observed that this country is slowly shifting from being a man power country to an entrepreneurial country. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone because the Philippines are a very rich country in terms of resources. I am very happy to see that Filipinos are becoming more open to having a business rather than working their asses off their whole lives.

Everyone wants to have their own business, but often can’t think of a concept and do not know how to start one. Well, franchising might be the thing you are looking for. Here you can find an already successful business with a proven ready to use system that is offered to everyone. No more hassle of looking for suppliers, creating a concept, losing money on trials, creating a system because everything is provided in this event, from knowing about franchising to choosing what franchise to buy.

Buying a franchise makes you an instant entrepreneur. However, this doesn’t guarantee you would have an instant successful business. It would still boil down to how you handle the business. Instead of letting opportunities like this past you by AGAIN, make time to find out about these businesses. You’ll never know if the right business is just there waiting for you.

FRANCHISE 2010 was a success! Kudos to the organizers who once again pulled off another successful event!- DE


Samsung M3510’s 2.0 megapixel camera phone used to take the photos, I apologize for the quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment