Friday, August 13, 2010

Icons That Shaped My Dreams

Do you know what you want to happen to your life? If so, who are the people you would want to pattern your life to? It would be important to have a model you would follow in your track towards success. They would serve as your guide and mentor (even if you don’t talk to them personally). You should be able to capitalize the things they did right and learn from their failures. Their story is enough to inspire you to reach that level.

I don’t mind sharing my dreams to you. I have three major dreams by the way. It gets modified as I get older because I get it closer to reality. To start off, I’ve always wanted to be an entrepreneur, thus I took entrepreneurship in college. However, throughout college, no one helped me know what business I should be in. I was left alone thinking about it and was forced to work. But as it turns out, work made me revive my dreams and define it. So the very first dream I am trying to be a reality is to have a SuperClub. I already have a name for it, the design is in my head but I would let someone draw it for me, the place, the time of launch, the people involved and the theme are all planned. As the days go along, I’d have more details for it.



Then this dream will eventually lead me to real estate developing because I’ve always want to build buildings and huge parks. And again eventually lead me to joining the airline industry that I believe should have more airlines other than what we have right now. The evolution of my businesses would make my company a conglomerate. That would put me in the list of richest Filipinos alongside Henry Sy, Lucio Tan and other business magnate we have.

Next up is to become a digital marketer. This recently lit up in my head as I tried to do this and saw some potential to it. And because I am serious about taking this path, I will be studying digital marketing at Ateneo partnered with IMMAP for this diploma program. It made a lot of sense as I have been seeing the big shift of our generation – the social media revolution. I plan to create a site that would make Facebook and Twitter need my site.

Third but definitely not the least, is I’ve always wanted to become a DJ since 2005. Ever since I heard the song Pink Life by Gyskard, I got interested in House Music. Eventually I began to like Electro, Trance and Techno. So while this dream isn’t materializing to date, I just collected songs of these genres. I never get satisfied with the number of tracks I have because I know successful DJs have numerous tracks they can remember. And also I have a list of songs I would like to remix when I learn how to.

There you go! Those are my dreams! My upcoming blogs are about people who I idolize or who I am studying and sometimes copying. They are my role models. In each of my dreams, I have heroes that make me believe even more that it would manifest.

I always think that if they can, then so can I. There’s no such thing as very lucky. I have a very big dream, so I must pattern my work with people who made their own dream happen in a humongous way. My heroes would be my guide towards the right path. I listen to people who have great results over those who haven’t proven anything in this world. I’m doing all I can to make my dreams happen, you should too!

So who would guide me to my dreams? Who are the icons that shaped my dreams? Stay tuned. Next blogs would be about the people I idolize and would take me closer to my dreams. First to come up would be titled: ICONS THAT SHAPED MY DREAMS: (name of idol). Watch out! - DE

“You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success – or are they holding you back?” – William Clement Stone (1902-2002)

0 comments:

Post a Comment